We thought that we’d put all the exciting events, activities and fun things to do in Penzance and surrounding areas in one place for you. We are blessed that we have so much going on and we seem to be very good at celebrating down here just about anything we can think of.
- 5th August – The Man Engine is coming to Penzance town. The amazingly crafted colossal metal Cornish Miner, part man, part machine will be steaming into Penzance on 5th August at 5pm!
The Man Engine will both PROCESSION and TRANSFORM in Penzance. He will Procession in at 5pm, before transforming on Market Jew Street at 5:45pm – 7pm! Lots of other activities including a soap box race surround the event.
- 17th August – Polgoon Wine Evening, starting at 6pm with a small tour and welcome drink the evening will follow with six tasters of local food paired with 6 tasters of Polgoon wine. Tickets are £22.50.
- 29th August – Newlyn Fish Festival is celebrating 27 years of festivities, the festivals main aim is to celebrate the fishing industry and its importance to Newlyn. Fun, music, stalls, auctions, food and much more.
- 1st September to 30th September – Taste of Scilly Food & Drink Festival. A month long, mouth-watering celebration of local food & drink from the Islands.
- 10th to 24th September – St Ives September Festival, St Ives will come alive once again as one of Cornwall’s richest cultural experiences delivers a full spectrum of arts from classical to world music, folk and jazz to flamenco, from poetry to theatre, talks and art exhibitions.
- 16th September – Cornwall Design Fair is one of The Duchy’s largest design fairs, attracting designers, exhibitors and artists from all over Cornwall.
- 23rd to 25th September – Great Cornish Food Festival the largest festival anywhere that’s completely dedicated to Cornish food and drink is back again this September on Lemon Quay, Truro.
Other things to do whilst in Penzance
Newlyn Film House, a new cinema with café & bar celebrating and showing a selection of films.
Penlee Park Open Air Theatre, Penlee Park Open Air Theatre – the theatre in the park in the heart of Penzance. A unique outdoor theatre space that has celebrated Cornish, national and international performers since 1948.
Jubilee Pool, Cornwall’s much-celebrated Art Deco lido- Jubilee Pool on Penzance’s Promenade, is the perfect place for all ages to swim safely in fresh seawater.