Our Spring/Summer tours provide a fascinating insight into the activities of a working Cornish vineyard and orchard. To take part in the wine-tasting you must be 18 years or over but, we do offer our soft drinks to those who aren’t. Booking is a must – especially during August!
Summer tours: APRIL – SEPTEMBER
Our spring/summer tours run Wednesday through to Friday, April, May and June with extra days added at in July, August and up until 30th September.
Starting at 2pm it takes approximately 90 minutes and includes a stroll around the vineyard and orchard learning about the different fruit varieties and their care and pruning regimes. We’ll then take a look at the production processes in the winery and conclude with a tasting of 5 of our Polgoon products, including our international award-winning sparkling wines, still wines and ciders.
Tours cost £12.50 per person, children go free.
Ultimate Wine Experience
Spend a day in the life of a working vineyard! Guided by owner and winemaker John Coulson and Nigel Ede from Experience Wine, you’ll learn all about wine – from the vine to the glass. Enjoy a deeper exploration of wine; with insights on life in the vineyard and the science of winemaking. This is a perfect way to spend a summer’s day, walking through the vineyards, tasting the wine and enjoying a lunch of delicious, local produce.
The Experience includes a blind-tasting challenge where we’ll blindfold you to see how good you are at identifying different tastes and smells! Can you beat the winemaker? We’ll guide you through the skills needed to understand the nuances of aroma and flavours. The day finishes with tips and techniques on pairing wine with food. This is a fun, relaxed and informal way to pick up some impressive wine knowledge. No previous experience is necessary. You must be over 18.
Tours cost £115 per person, lunch included, adults only.
- We are not open for lunch on Sundays. If you’re looking for a Sunday lunch spot, please call us and we can recommend some local favourites.
- We are not open for lunch during the Autumn/Winter Season.
- Spring/Summer tours are weather dependent. If it’s too wet it won’t be much fun, so we’ll call you in advance to cancel or rearrange.
- Autumn/Winter tours are not weather dependent as we do not tour the vineyard and orchard (just the indoor production areas), unless it’s a sunny day.
- Dogs are welcome on a lead around the vineyard, but not inside the shop or the winery. There’s a dog bowl and fresh water outside the shop and somewhere to tie up.