Our Spring/Summer and Autumn/Winter tours provide a fascinating insight into the activities of a working Cornish vineyard and orchard. To take part in the wine-tasting you must be 18 years or over but, we do offer our soft drinks to those who aren’t. Booking is a must – especially during August!
Summer tours: APRIL – SEPTEMBER
Our summer tours run Wednesday through to Friday, April, May and June with extra days in July, August and up until 30th September.
Starting at 2pm it takes approximately 90 minutes and includes a stroll around the vineyard and orchard learning about the different fruit varieties and their care and pruning regimes. We’ll then take a look at the production processes in the winery and conclude with a tasting of 5 of our Polgoon products, including our international award-winning sparkling wines, still wines and ciders.
Tours cost £12.50 per person, children go free.
Winter tours: OCTOBER – DECEMBER
When winter arrives the vines become dormant and whilst there’s not much to see in the vineyard, there’s still a lot to see and learn in our winery and production rooms. The winter tour will guide you around our wine tanks and production rooms and will be followed by a wine-tasting in the Vineyard Shop with one of our experts, sampling 5 of our award-winning wines and latest vintages. Allow 60 minutes for our Winter Wine Tour and dress for whatever the weather has in store for us on the day.
Tours run on Thursdays and Saturdays at 2pm and cost £10 per person, children go free.
Ultimate Wine Experience
Guided by owner and winemaker John Coulson and Nigel Ede from Experience Wine, you will spend a day learning about wine from the vine through to the glass.
The Ultimate Experience provides you with a deeper exploration of wine; giving insights on life in the vineyard and the science of winemaking, as well as providing you with the skills to understand the nuances of aroma and flavours. The day finishes with tips and techniques on pairing the wines with food. This is a fun, relaxed and informal way to pick up some serious wine knowledge – blindfolds included!
Tours cost £115 per person, lunch included, adults only.
- We are not open for lunch on Sundays. If you’re looking for a Sunday lunch spot, please call us and we can recommend some local favourites.
- We are not open for lunch during the Autumn/Winter Season.
- Spring/Summer tours are weather dependent. If it’s too wet it won’t be much fun, so we’ll call you in advance to cancel or rearrange.
- Autumn/Winter tours are not weather dependent as we do not tour the vineyard and orchard (just the indoor production areas), unless it’s a sunny day.
- Dogs are welcome on a lead around the vineyard, but not inside the shop or the winery. There’s a dog bowl and fresh water outside the shop and somewhere to tie up.